||Degree / Specialization
||University / Institution
||Division or Equivalent
||Percentage of Marks
B.E.(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
University of Mysore / PESCE, MANDYA
M. E.Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering )
Jadavpur University, Calcutta-700 032, INDIA
Ph. D.Electronics &Communication Engineering
Centre for Biomedical Engineering. Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi-110016, India.
Awarded during 1995
||Post doctoral Research
||Univ. Tenaga Nasional Kajang, Malaysia
||From 2000 to 2002.
Professional Responsibilities and Achievements.
- REGISTRAR (Evaluation), Visvesvaraya Technological university, Karnataka state, India.
- Incharge of entire examination system of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka state, India.
- Managing single window operation
- Clearing Transcripts, Provisional Degree Certificates, Consolidated Marks Cards etc. in single day under demand
- Smooth conduction and monitoring all examinations(B.E., B.Tech.,M.Tech., M.Arch., M.B.A., M.C.A, Ph.D) as per Academic calendar at all affiliated engineering colleges (124) of Karnataka state as per university academic calendar.
- Monitoring the evaluation process of all examination at respective valuation centres, processing the results and announcement of results in time.
- In charge and monitoring all types of confidential work related to university examination.
- Successful Implementation of ONLINE examination for M.Tech and M.B.A students (First of its kind in INDIA).
- Streamlining the examination system and maintaining the quality and standards in the Engineering examination process.
- Setting up of Modernized printing press for confidential work at university campus.
- Organized work shop to educate teaching and non teaching faculty members regarding conduct of examination.
- Organized workshop to implement Online examination for post graduate students.
- Organizing VLSI confluence for Teachers and PG students at university level.
- Providing efficient single window service to the stakeholders.
- Designated as officer on special duty by the Vice-chancellor, VTU Belgaum to co-ordinate university ON LINE examination process for the PG courses (till date).
- PRINCIPAL, PES College of Engineering, Mandya (Since 1st May 2008)
- Successful implementation of Autonomous system under VTU. Creating the infrastructure for smooth conduction of examination and evaluation for autonomous system.
- Starting M.B.A course in the institute from the academic year 2009-10.
- Initiation to start II shift polytechnic in the campus from the academic year 2009-10.
- Implementation of good practices in teaching and learning process to impart quality education in institute.
- Establishing VLSI lab for PG students at E&C Dept, PESCE Mandya, and making it as a Cadence tool training centre
- PROFESSOR AND HOD of Electronics and Comunication Engg., PESCE, Mandya, Karnataka
- Teaching and Research .
- Administration at department level and institute level.
Achievements as HOD of E & C Engg
- Making the E & C department as Research centre.
- Instrumental in starting (year 2006) the VTU extension Centre to run PG program M.Tech in “VLSI& Embedded systems” at the dept of E & C Engg, PESCE Mandya,
- Owning the credit in getting 5 years Accreditation to E & C department from NBA (only one E & C department to get 5 years accreditation in the Karnataka state in the year 2002).
- Responsible to get more than Rs. 70 Lakhs AICTE funds for various projects like MODROB, TAPTEC, and R & D for E & C Dept.
- Successful implementation of Research Project “Telemedicine using 3-G mobile” AICTE funded R & D project (2004-2007).
- Guiding the students for 4- Ph.D and 2-M.Sc. Engg (by Research) in the areas of VLSI, Ergonomics, Biomedical Engg.
- Currently under taken project under S & T mission mode, Ministry of social justice and empowerment, Govt of India, project titled “Acquisition and characterization of EMG signal for human machine interface”. Project cost is Rs. 14 lakhs.
Papers Published out of Ph.D Research work
- Bioechnological Study of an Extracochlear Prosthesis”, 14th Ann,Conf.IEEE EMBS,pp1680-81,1992.
- “Multichannel Differential Excitation in Extracochlear Approach”, 15th Ann.Int
Conf. IEEE EMBS, pp1355-56,1993
- “Formant Extraction and Multichannel Compressed Low Frequency Extracochlear
Stimulation”, Int. Conf. on Recent Advances in Biomedical Engg., at Hydrabad, India, pp245-48,1994.
- “Inner Ear Tissue Responses for Pulsatile Stimulation during Cochlear Prosthesis”, Journal of Trends in Biomaterials & Artificial Organs, vol.8, pp56-66, 1994.
- “Electromechanical Cochlear Stimulation”, 1st RC IEEE EMBS & 14th Nat. Conf. MESI, New Delhi, PP 3.89-3.90,1995.
- “Functional Electrical Cochlear Stimulation by an Extracochlear Approach”, Journal of Basic and Applied Biomedicine, 1995.
- “Design, Implementation and Performance Evaluation of Extracochlear Stimulation”, Int. Conf. on Biomedical Engineering, INCONBME-96,pp11.17-11.21, 1996.
- “Artificial Vision: Micro electronic system for Visually Handicapped” Nat. Conference on Document Analysis and Recognistion” India, July 2001.
- “A Speech Training Aid for Speech and Hearing Impaired” Biovision, IEEE Int. Conference on Biomedical Engg.” India, 2001
- PC Based Speech Training System with Tactile and Visual Stimualtion for Speech and Hearing Imapaired, 2nd World Engineering Congress Sarawak, Malaysia, pp22-25, July 2002.
- K. R. Sudhindra and V. Sridhar., “Characterization of EMG signal for Human Machine Interface- An overview” NATCON –ME 2005, Oct 2005.
- Anil Kumar M.N and V. Sridhar., Telemedicine by using Mobile Network., 4th Annual conference of Cadiological Society of India., 2006.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. The relationship between noise frequency components and physical, physiological and psychological effects of industrial workers. International Journal of Noise & Health July-September 2008; 10:40:90-8.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. The possible influence of noise frequency components on the health of exposed industrial workers – a review. International Journal of Noise & Health (status: Accepted).
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Design and implementation of a prototype headset for real time adaptive filtering of industrial noise using DSP. Intl J Biomed Eng Technol (status: communicated).
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Design of an ANC based smart headset providing features of noise reduction, abrupt sound detection and speech detection. Intl J Occupational Safety and Ergonomics (status: in progress).
- B.S. Shivakumara and V. Sridhar Working Posture and its effects on Bioelectric Phenomenon – Overview. Industrial Engineering Journal- Speceial Issue 2006.
- B.S. Shivakumara and V. Sridhar., Study of vibration and its effects on physiological and bioelectric parameters, Applied ergonomics, Journal – 2007.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Analysis of industrial noise frequencies and its level control to avoid communication interference using adaptive RLS algorithm. Journal of Acoustical Society of India October 2008; 35:04:178-183.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Design of a prototype headset instrument based on adaptive active noise control using TMS320C6713 DSK and DSK_AUDIO4 for industrial application. In: The sixteenth international congress on sound and vibration, Krakow, Poland, 5-9 July 2009.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Noise frequency components detection in various industrial sectors and its level reduction using adaptive LMS algorithm. In: Proceedings of the international conference, Engineering College Bikaner, Rajasthan (India), 24-25 March 2007, p. 235.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Design of a headset prototype for speech detection and noise reduction. The seventeenth international congress on sound and vibration, Cairo, Egypt, 5-9 July 2009. 18-22 July 2010.
- Sudhindra K R, Sridhar V “An Overview of the GSM system and Radio Interface” in proc. of Next Generation Wireless Network conference, NGWN-2009.
- Sudhindra K R,Sridhar V“ Influencial Factors of Optimizing live GSM Network-An overview” in proc. of National Conference on Networking, Embedded & Wireless Systems-NEWS 2010.
- Sudhindra K R,Sridhar V “Recent Trends in Optimizing live GSM Network” in Second International Joint Journal Conference in Computer, Electronics and Electrical, CEE 2010.
- B.S. Shivakumara and V. Sridhar., Posture on physiological factor of the motorcycle rider, Int. conference on Ergonomics, Kaulalumpur, Malaysia. 2007.
- Meghana Kulkarni, V. Sridhar, G. H. Kulkarni, “TIQ Technique based Optimized Analog to Digital Converter”, Presented in 13th IEEE/VSI, VLSI Design And Test Symposium, VDAT 2009, held during 9th and 10th July 2009.
- Meghana Kulkarni, V. Sridhar, G. H. Kulkarni, “The Quantized Differential Comparator in Flash Analog to Digital Converter Design”, pp 37-45, Volume 2-Number 4, July 2010, International Journal of Computer Networks and Communication (IJCNC).
- Meghana Kulkarni, V. Sridhar, G. H. Kulkarni, “CMOS-LTE Comparator and 2:1 multiplexer in Flash ADC Design”, Presented in 14th IEEE/VSI, VLSI Design And Test Symposium, VDAT 2010, held during 8th and 9th July 2010.
- Meghana Kulkarni, V. Sridhar, G. H. Kulkarni, “CMOS-LTE Comparator in Flash Analog to Digital Converter Design”, Selected for the International Conference, CNC 2010.(Will be published on IEEE xplore)
- Meghana Kulkarni, V. Sridhar, G.H. Kulkarni, “4-Bit Flash Analog to Digital Converter Design using CMOS-LTE Comparator”, accepted for presentation and publication in the 2010 IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems to be held in Malasyia.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Major noise frequency components in various industrial sectors and response of human peripheral auditory system to noise. At national seminar held during August 2006, organized by PDAERI in collaboration with VTU, Belgaum.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Industrial noise effects and its level suppression with adaptive active noise control. In: Proceedings of the national conference, SJBIT, Bangalore, 4 May 2007, p. 102-107.
- Mahendra Prashanth KV, Sridhar V. Analysis of industrial noise frequencies and its level control to avoid communication interference using adaptive RLS algorithm. In: Proceedings of the national symposium on acoustics (NSA 2008) organized by NSTL & Acoustical Society of India, Vishakapatnam, 23-24 December 2008, p. 3-8.
- B.S. Shivakumara and V. Sridhar., “Effect of Posture and Vibration on Heart rate” 4th Annual conference of Cadiological Society of India., 2006.
- Meghana Kulkarni, V. Sridhar, “Reusable IP Design for System-on-Chip Applications”, Published in the Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Signal Processing & Communication, Dept. of Electronics & Telecommunication, Maharashtra Academy of Engineering, Pune, held during December 27-29, 2007.
- Meghana Kulkarni, G. H. Kulkarni, “TIQ Technique based Flash Analog to Digital Converter for SoC Applications – A Review”, Published in the Proceedings of AICTE sponsored IEEE National Conference on VLSI, Communication & Networks, Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engg., Eswari Engineering College, Chennai, held during 12th and 13th September 2008.
Areas of Academic Interest
- VLSI Design
- Digital signal processing
- Bio medical Engineering & instrumentation and cognitive studies.
- Computer and Mobile communications
Membership in various professional bodies.
- IEEE (M)
- IETE (F)
- ISTE (M)
- BMSI (M)