Home → Departments → Automobile Engg
- The Automobile Engineering Association (AEA) was started in the year 1982 with the objectives of providing the students and staff additional knowledge and wide exposure and to bring out hidden talents to the fore. It has since been right on target.
- The SAE India Collegiate club was started in the year 2008. SAE (Society for Automotive Engineers) India provides platform for the students of all branches of engineering and faculty members to interact with the leaders in Automotive Industry and also they are exposed to the latest technology advances in Automobile Engineering.
- It has bagged Forty Eight university ranks since beginning.
- Number of interactive technical lectures have been conducted in the department.
- It has well established DEPARTMENTAL LIBRARY since 1982 and has adequate collection of useful books which are utilized by the staff and students of the department, every year and substantial number of books are added.
- It has well equipped laboratories and good infrastructure for conducting research and project work in the related fields of Automobile Engineering.
- Sponsored project worth Rs. 5.0 lakhs has been undertaken from AICTE.
- For good interaction between students and staff STUDENT COUNSELORS have been nominated to foresee, motivate and solve academic problems faced by the students.
- Teaching staff are always encouraged to attend and present technical papers at national and international seminars and conference so as to be always in the forefront of emerging fields.
- The department has developed large number of teaching aids and charts and also houses a large collection of working models, which are used during demonstrations.
- The Automobile Engineering students graduated from the department are well placed throughout the country as well as abroad.
- At present FIVE students are pursuing Ph.D and ONE is doing M. Sc. (Engg.) by Research under the guidance of our competent staff of the department.
- Our staff members are worked as Chairman and members of various Boards of VTU and Government Bodies such as Board of studies, Board of Examiners, Technical committee constituted by Govt. of Karnataka for Implementation of speed governors for commercial vehicles, Revamping of syllabus for vocational education, Board of studies of Karnataka State Open University Board of studies of M S Ramaiah University of applied sciences.etc.,
- One of our staff member Dr. D. Ramegowda has won Best paper award for his paper: "Technology and Human resource interface through the RPPSC concepts" was presented at 34th Annual National convention of ISTE, New Delhi, and December 2004.
- The students of 2009-10 batch won the Best project award from the ISTE Chapter, PESCE, Mandya.
- The Department of Automobile Engineering has been recognized as RESEARCH – CENTRE (VTU/Aca/2006-07/3200) by Visvesvaraya Technological University Belgaum to Pursue M. Sc Engineering (by Research) and for Doctoral Programme.
- The department has an exclusive Alumni association for Automobile engineers - PESCE Automobile Engineering Alumni Association, Mandya.
- The department is conducting its annual fest regularly Wheeled Evolution, a state level intercollegiate technical fest.