Automobile Engineering Association (AEA):
In order to encourage and promote the various extracurricular activities of the students, Automobile Engineering Association is formed which focus on the students activities. The association invites experts from the various Institutes/Research organizations regularly to deliver the guest lecturer about the latest developments and innovations in the field of Automobile Engineering and share their experience with the students and the staff members.
SAE (INDIA) Collegiate club:
Society of Automobile Engineers (SAE) is leading resource for mobility technology. SAEINDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International registered in India as Indian nonprofit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility industry in India.
- All students and faculty members of the department are members of SAE Collegiate club
- Conducting activities like Workshop, Technical Talks, Auto Expo, Etc.,
- Students participated in international competitions like BAJA, a vehicle design competitions and other national level competitions.
- Gives a platform for interaction with Industrial persons
- The department of Automobile engineering organized a state level event 'Wheeled evolution' every year. This includes events like Technical paper presentation, Auto Quiz, Veggie race, Gear'd up, Stunt Biking, and a Mega event Dirt Battles (Motor cycles Dirt track race).
Events of the year 2008-09:
- Industrial visit: JKTyre-April 5th 2008, BOSCH- 9.4.2008, MHI-VST diesel Engine (India) pvt.ltd.,, mysore- 15th nov-2008, K.M.S.Coach builders,kengeri,Bangalore- 17th sept-2009
- Technical talk: " Vehicle insurance" – 8th march 2008, speaker- chethan, reliance general insurance compmant ltd., mysore
- Technical talk : " Recent advances in Commercial Vehicle Technology" to demonstrate the vehicle. From, V.E.Commercial vehicles ltd.,Bangalore – Sri.N.Radhakrishnan,deputy manager(service), P.Pichumani, Asst. manager, M.L.Devegowda, works manager & sri. M.S.Sadananda, Asst.manager(sales), EICHER motors,Bangalore on 25th nov-2008.
- Technical talk on Vedic mathematics, Prof. S.A Rahim- - 13.11.08
- Publishing: Magazine on Nov-2008, Wheeled evolution vol-1 & issue-1, SAEINDIA(PESCE chapter)
- Department technical Fest: Vahan-2008, 10nd and 11th Nov 2008
Events of the year 2009-10:
- Wheeled Evolution 2009: An Automobile Fest cum Expo-Chief guest: Sri Subramanya Ullal, G.M.( Head of Manufacturing & Materials),Bosch Ltd, Mr. Vinod, Sales manager, trident motors, mysore, Mr.Venkat, M.D., Autoservice, Banglre.- 4th april 2009.
- Valedictory- 1st june 2009
- Inaugurals of AEA: 10th oct-2009, guests: Mr.K.K.Jaha, GM (production. JK Tyre, S. Vasudev Rao, Deputy GM(Technical), JK Tyre, M.R.Ravindra Kumar, Manger(Engg), JK Tyre, Mysore
- Inaguration of SAE collegiate club & one day workshop: Sri.P.Srinivasa Raghvan, SAE India, Bangalore section.
Events of the year 2010-11:
- Valedictory function AEA on 15/5/2010 at Talakadu & Simsha
- Training module for Engineering college students- BOSCH- 26/7/2010( no of students-17)
- Industrial visit by V and VII semster students - TAFE, Doddaballapura- 12th Nov 2010
- Industrial visit by V and VII semster students – K S R T C Regional workshop, kengeri, Bangalore-11.02.2011
- Inter departmental volley ball tournament( Autocup) Inauguration 4.03.2011
- Inaugural function A E A 2010 on 19.10.2010- chief guests- Y.H.Srinivas, and T.Nagarj ,Diesel Trainer, Diagnostic Product Marketing, Bosch Training Centre, Bangalore
Events of the year 2011-12:
- Industrial visit by IV and VI semster students : Automotive Axles Ltd., Hootagalli Indl area, Mysore on 16th April 2011.
- Visit for project study by VIII sem students; MAC India Coach Builders(P) Ltd., on 5.09.2011.
- Inaugural function of AEA - 2011: 12th November 2011 and Technical talk on "Advances in Ground Vehicle Technology" by Mr. Vijaykanthan Damodarn, Engineering General Manager(Aero and Energy), General motors, Banglre.
- Attending Bosch internship training programme on 23rd,24th&25th January 2012.(22 students)
- Conducted CAD/CAE certificate course during Jan-Feb 2012 by MSM consultancy Services, Bangalore.
- Industrial visit by VI and VIII semster students: Singh Motor Coach bus body builders, Tubinkere Industrial area, Mandya on 31st march 2012.
- Dept Technical Fest "Wheeled evolution-2012" & Dirt track bike racing: 27th & 28th April 2012 AEA state level event as a part of golden jubilee celebration.
- Industrial visit by VI and VIII semster students: BEML, Mysore on 05.05.2012.
Events of the year 2012-13:
- Special training program on Bosch CRDI for Engg Students on 06/11/2012
- Industrial visit by V and VII semster students: Toyota Kirlosker- 22.08.12
- Technical talk by: Dr. M.Mahadevaiah on 17/11/2012, Topic: "The role of entrepreneurship development in self employment"
- Slow bike race for women on 22/12/12 in association with Rotary club,
- Wheeled evolution 2012-13 – 26th & 27th April 2013.
Events of the year 2013-14:
- One day workshop on "The Recent developments in Fuel Injection System in Automobiles"- 26th April 2013.
- Five days SDP on "Advances in Fuel injection System and Vehicle Diagnostics"- 10th to 14th February 2014.
- "WHEELED EVOLUTION-2014" on 25th & 26th April 2014.- an Dept event includes Auto Expo, Gear'd up, Auto Quiz, Stunt Bikikg & Veggie Race.
- A Technical talk on "Automotive Components testing & Evaluation" - 22nd May 2014 by Sri. Shamsundara B.V,General Manager, R&D and Testing, Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI),PUNE.
- PESCE Automobile Engineering Alumni meet on 1st June 2014.
Events of the year 2014-15:
- Celebrated Teachers Day on 5th September 2014.
- 11th September 2014 - technical talk on "Entrepreneurship and management along with development skills". The speaker Mr. Sridhar B.S from WE CARE INSURANCE PVT LTD., Bangalore.
- Inauguration of AEA on 16th October 2014
- 16th October 2014- technical talk on "Taking the suspension out of the suspension system of an automobile". The speaker Mr. Anoop Srinivasan, Bangalore.
- 21st November 2014- SAE INDIA inaugural function & Tech Talk by
- i) Gopal N Ramaswamy, G M, Continental Automotive Components Pvt Ltd, Bangalore on Power train engine system
- ii) Purushotham Joshi, SAE India, Bangalore Section on Baja approach
- Industrial visit to BEML, Mysore on 22nd November 2014.
- SAE INDIA – Member ship drive and Info session by Kamran Shaid on 21st February 2015 at Placement Auditorium.
- Industrial visit to J K Tyres, Mysore on11th April 2015.
- VALEDICTORY Function of AEA and Send of function for Final year students conducted on 16th June 2015.
Events of the year 2015-16:
- A Technical talk on "The Future IC Engines" conducted by SAE India Collegiate Club – Monday 10th August 2015, Speaker- Mr. Anoop B Srinivas, PABS CONSULTANTS, Bangalore.
- Three days student development programme on "Vehicle Dynamics" on 14th , 15th and 23rd August 2015 by SAE collegiate club of PESCE, Mandya under TEQIP-II. Speaker- Mr. Anoop B Srinivas, PABS CONSULTANTS, Bangalore.
- Celebrated Teachers Day on 7th September 2015.
- Technical talk on " Social Dimensions for Science and Technology" by Dr. Subrata Ray, Professor, IIT Mandi, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh – Friday 11th September 2015.
Events of the year 2016-17
- Carrom Competition "STRIKE IT" on 12.04.2016 at PES College of Engineering, Mandya
- "Parikalpana" the game of 3D Design competition for diploma, UG & PG Students on 15th April 2016 by SAE collegiate club of PESCE, Mandya.
- "Jnana Prastuti" A Technical Paper Presentation on 15th April 2016 by SAE collegiate club of PESCE, Mandya.
- "Dirt Battles on 16.04.2016 at PESCE, Mandya.
- "Geared Up ATV Edition" from 14th to 15th April 2016 by PESCE, Mandya.
- "Staff Development Programme (SDP) on Automotive Technology from 18th to 23rd Jan 2016 by PESCE, Mandya under TEQIP-II
- Three Days Training Programme on "NC Programming with Mastercam 2017 From 19th to 21st Jan 2017 by SAE collegiate club of PESCE, Mandya under TEQIP-II.
Events of the year 2017-18
- Inaugural function of the Automobile Engg. Association was held on 21th Sept 2017
- Technical Talk on Tyre Technology on 21st Sept 2017, Mr.S Vasudev Rao, Rtd. GM, J K Industries, Hon Secretary, IRI Mysore.
- Industrial visit on 21st August 2017, Prakash Body Builders. Tubinkere
- Industrial visit on 4th November 2017, BEML Industry, Mysore.
- Industrial Training on 8th to 19th Jan 2018 BOSCH Training Centre, Naganathapura, Bangalore
- One day workshop on "3D Printing 8th March 2018, Anil M P, Managing Director, Amaldeep, Design Engineer, ASP Design Centre Pvt Ltd.,Mysore
- On 13th April 2018 conducted the event of Auto-stunts in during Jnana Cauvery.
- Industrial visit on 25th May 2018 Volvo Industry, Hosakote, Bangalore
- Valedictory and farewell function of the Automobile Engg. Association was held on 15th May 2018.
Events of the year 2018-19
- Inaugural function and Fresher’s day held on 6th December 2018
- Industrial Training on 8th to 19th Jan 2018, BOSCH Training Centre, Naganathapura, Bangalore
- Industrial Training on 2nd to 21st July 2018, Mandovi Motors Service Station Hunsur Rd, Hinkal Post, Mysore
- One day workshop on “Vehicle Diagnosis” on 08th Sept 2018, Mr.Kedarnath Raxa, Product manager, Bosch Diagnostic products, Mr.Venkatesh G G, Traninig Centre, Bosch India Ltd, Bangalore
- Technical talk on Infrastructure requirements for Engine & Vehicle testing- basis & legislation requirements on 19th Sept 2018, Mr. Somaiah K G & Mr. Krishnan (EVL), (TCL), R & D, Bosch Ltd, Bangalore
- Industrial visit on 23rd Aug 2018, Prakash Body Builders, Tubinkere
- Industrial visit on 20th Oct 2018, ARAI, Pune.
- Industrial visit on 23rd Oct 2018 JBMI, Pune
- Technical talk on Engine Design-Emerging Technology on 6th December 2018, Sri. Mahadev Nellur, Deputy General Manager-Engine Design & Development, BEML, Ltd.,
- Internship Training on 16th to 31st Jan 2019, Mandovi Motors Service Station Hunsur Rd, Hinkal Post, Mysore
- Three days workshop on Basic Course on Embedded Systems using ARM7 and Embedded ‘C’ on 25th to 27th April 2019, ARM technologies
- Internship Training on 21st to 28th Jan 2019, RNS Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- Internship Training on 14th to 31st Jun 2019, Bharath Fritz Werner Lmt., Bengaluru
- Internship Training on 14th to 31st Jun 2019, Automotive Axles Limited, Hootagalli Industrial Area, Mysuru
- Valedictory function held on 17th May 2019.
Events of the year 2019-20
- Internship Training on 5th to 9th Aug 2019 BOSCH Training Center, Naganathapura, Bangalore
Achievements : Faculty & Students
- Up gradation of Syllabus in line with to match the industry needs and Outcome based education
- Introduction of New Lab Experiments Pertinent to the Subjects.
- Question Papers are set to Measure the true learning index of the students.
- Syllabus is up to the Standard of Industry.
- Mini projects are introduced in second year onwards
- Involvement of all staff members for curriculum development.
- Opportunity to upgrade the academic skills for both Faculty and Students by undergoing Internship at Workshops and Industries.
- Department conducted practical training courses, which helped students in practical application of the Engineering discipline.
- Involvement of faculty in research
Student's Extra Curricular activities:
- Birajmaan Tamuly participated in E-Treasure Hunt & Quiz organized by IEEE PESCE student branch, PESCE, Mandya and Sustainable Developments through innovative Technologies for Rural Needs at SDM Institute of Technology Ujire on 12th Sept 2015.
- Birajmaan Tamuly, Thejas M participated in Halcyon 16 organized by Siddaganga Institute of Technology Tumkur on 29th to 31st March 2016.
- Birajmaan Tamuly, Thejas M participated in Cresco organized by IEEE PESCE student branch, PESCE, Mandya and Sustainable Developments through innovative Technologies for Rural Needs at SDM Institute of Technology Ujire on 11th ,12th & 20th April 2016.
- Sandeep Reddy participated in Lawn Tennis organized by Jnana Cauvery PESCE Mandya on 8th to 9th April 2016.
- Meghana Rajeshwari J R Participated in Gesture Controlled Robotics Organized by EEEA PESCE student branch, PESCE, Mandya and 17 the national level technical symposium of the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department of National Institute of Technology, Thiruchirapalli on 16th to 19th of february,2017
- Swaroop D G & Rudramuni D A participated in Green wheeler for safe & sustainable mobility conducted by SAE INDIA, BENGALURU on 4th & 5th August 2018.
- Samrat U participated in Two-Wheeler Hybrid Championship EGA conducted by SAE in association with TVS on 14th Oct 2017.
- On 13th April 2018 conducted the event of Auto-stunts in during Jnana Cauvery.
- Thejas M, Swaroop Gowda D G, Arun Kumar G, Sanjay S, Ganesh K N, Rudramuni D A Praticipated in EGA-Electrifying Green aspiration Two-Wheeler Hybrid Championship conducted by SAE in association with TVS on 16th June 2018.
- Abhishek S N IV Sem Selected to mountaineering organized by social welfare office Mandya during 2018
- Department of Automobile had conducted the event of Auto Stunts During Jnana Cauvery On 12th April 2019
- Nishanth K R of VI semester had participated in NCC training conducted by EME Center From 14th To 25th April 2019