The Mechanical Engineering Department has carved a niche for itself by offering the most competent instructional program to under graduate students leading to B.E (Mech) Degree.
The Department is one of the first three that started functioning in 1962; the faculties are all well qualified and experienced.
The Department is offering M.Tech, programme in Computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) from the academic year 1999-2000.
The Department is offering M.Tech, programme in Machine Design from the academic year 2013-2014.
Name of department administering the programme:
||Dr. V.R. Devadath
Ph.D, MIE, MISTE, MAMSI
Professor and HOD
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Fax: 08232 - 222075
Ph: 08232 - 220043-265
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
AICTE approval details of the department:
- Mechanical Engineering Department
Other programme(s) administered by the department, if any:
- Master of Technology (Machine Design)
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Started in 1962
- Aided by Govt. of Karnataka
- Focuses on educating and training undergraduates
- Intake: 90 + 10 (GOI Quota)
- Staff student ratio: 1:15
- M.Tech (Machine Design)
- Started in 2013-2014
- Knowledge based training in Advanced machine design, FEM, Tribology, Advanced vibration, etc.
- Intake: 24
Programme details: (At the start of current academic session)
- Date of 1st approval by AICTE with Reference No.
F.No: 770-53-236 (E) /RC/94 Dated : 31-03-1994
- Approval for the current academic year with Reference No.
F.No: 770-53-236 (E) /RC/94 Dated : 31-8-2006
- Nature of Programme : Full time (F)
- Duration : 4 Years
- Sanctioned Intake : 180
- A Recognized Research Center under VT University
- M.Sc by Research (as external candidate)
- Ph.D programme
- Kinematics Of Mechanisms
- Condition Monitoring
- Machinability And Tool Engineering
- Material Science
- Thermal & Fluid Engineering
- Industrial Engineering And Management
- Production Management
- Advanced Materials
- Super Finishing Models
- Maintenance Engineering
- Advanced Machine design