Electrical & Electronics Engineering -> Overview
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Programme has been accredited by NBA for 6 Academic years(2017-18 to 2022-23) The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established right from the inception of the institute in the year 1962. The various programs offered by the Department are B.E., M.Sc., (Engg.) by research and research leading Ph.D affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgavi. Also, Department is affiliated for Ph.D program with University of Mysore, Mysore and Kuvempu University, Shimoga. About 100 research papers have been published by the Department faculty members in various International & National journals and conferences.
The Department emphasizes towards imparting quality education, rigorous teaching-learning, hands-on expertise and helping students to shape their all-round personality. The Department with its strong pool of faculty, well-developed laboratories, latest software and hardware facilities, contributes to develop life-long learning skills to its students and producing worthy researchers by offering doctoral research program.
The academic programs are designed and updated keeping in view the constantly changing industrial needs, skills and challenges emerging out of new research. The academic programs are well received by the industry and academia. The department has always exerted the best of its effort to meet the objectives of achieving technical excellence in the areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering such as High Voltage Engineering, Power Electronics & Drives, Control Systems, Power Systems, Energy Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Signal Processing, PLC & SCADA and Microcontrollers
The Department regularly organizes industrial visits, Technical lectures by experts from industries and institutes in contemporary areas to bridge the gap between syllabi and current developments.
The department of E & E would endeavour to create a pool of Engineers who would be technically competent, ethically strong also fulfil their obligation in terms of social responsibility.
- Adopt the best pedagogical methods and provide the best facility, infrastructure and an ambience conducive to imbibe technical knowledge and practicing ethics.
- Group and individual exercises to inculcate habit of analytical and strategic thinking to help the students to develop creative thinking and in still team skills.
- MOUs and Sponsored projects with industry and R & D organizations for Collaborative learning
- Enabling and encouraging students for continuing Education and moulding them for life-long learning process
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the program will be able to
- PEO1: Excel in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, computing and Electrical & Electronics engineering principles
- PEO2: Analyze real life problems and Design Electrical & Electronics Engineering system with appropriate solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable
- PEO3: Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communications kills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning..
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- PO-1: Graduates will apply the knowledge of mathematics, Physics, chemistry and allied engineering subjects to solve problems in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- PO-2: Graduates will Identify, formulate and solve Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems.
- PO-3: Graduates will design Electrical and Electronics systems meeting the given specifications for different problems taking safety and precautions into consideration.
- PO-4: Graduates will design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- PO-5: Graduates will use modern software tools to model and analyze problems, keeping in view their limitations.
- PO-6: Graduates will understand the impact of local and global issues / happenings on Electrical Engineers.
- PO-7: Graduates will provide sustainable solutions for problems related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering and also will understand their impact on environment.
- PO-8: Graduates will have knowledge of professional ethics and code of conduct as applied to Electrical engineers.
- PO-9: Graduates will work effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO-10: Graduates will communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- PO-11: Graduates will have the ability for self- education and lifelong learning.
- PO-12: Graduates will plan, execute and complete projects.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
After the graduation, the student will have:
- PSO-1: To understand the concept in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and apply them to develop modules analyze assess the performance of various power system equipment, generation, transmission, utilization and protection mechanisms.
- PSO-2: Design, develop, analyze and test electrical and electronics system: Deploy control strategies for electrical dives, power system networks, power electronics, high voltage and other related applications.