Internal Quality Assurance Cell -> Overview
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
P.E.S. College of Engineering (PESCE), Mandya was accredited by NAAC during August 2018 with B++ having CGPA 2.99 for cycle - 1. As a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2018 at PESCE. The IQAC being an integral part of the college works towards achieving excellence in all aspects of education at higher level by considering the recommendations of NAAC peer committee. PESCE organises many programmes for faculty, administrative staff and members of quality circle. It has a mechanism for faculty assessment through self appraisal and student feedback for quality enhancement and sustenance in terms of improvement in teaching, learning and research experience in the college. It monitors the maintenance of reports and documents as an evidence for the multifarious activities of the college. A continuous follow up has been made on infrastructural resources and other better facilities for teaching, learning and research experiences. With great responsibility to ensure quality, IQAC happens to be the one of the most important components of the college.
The role of the coordinator of IQAC is crucial in ensuring the effective functioning of all the members. IQAC assures its stakeholders, the funding agencies and society in general accountability and transparency in the quality management system and its concern for achieve excellence by imparting quality education.
With Best WishesDr. Shivalinge Gowda, Ph.D.,
P.E.S. College of Engineering, Mandya – 571 401
Tel: +91 9449679429
Email ID: email@example.com
By including the NAAC peer committee recommendations, the IQAC being works towards achieving excellence in all aspects of education at higher level.
To build and ensure a quality culture at PESCE aimed towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
- To promote quality of teaching-learning and research in PESCE
- To encourage self-evaluation, responsibleness and innovations in PESCE
- To initiate quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality enhancement
- To organize for periodic assessment and accreditation of PESCE
ObjectivesThe primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.